Happy Friday! Hope you all are thawing out nicely as it appears to have been quite cold again this week in most of the US. (If you live somewhere warm, I'm super jealous right now!) Here are some nice, warm things to check out this week:
1) Chinese New Year is next week (January 31st) and these paper fortune cookies from the Homework blog look like a fun way to celebrate. I'm also one of those goofy people who would take way too much pleasure in writing silly fortunes for her family members like "Look behind you" or "The last dumpling is yours." Cool idea, though, right?
|"Some people are Zircons in the rough"|
2) Speaking of holidays, it's also not too early to get ready for Valentine's Day. Especially when you can plan something as cool as Flamingo Toes blog creator Bev's Love Note Valentine's Day Bunting. The idea of putting a nice note or activity idea in each envelope seems like a cute gift for loved ones. It's on my craft list!
3) Salada Tea has been a great source of warmth and amusement this week. In addition to being a smooth tea, the tags also have funny messages on them. Just one of those little things that brightens your day.
4) DIY Mercury Glass from Take the Side Street is very, very cool. Even inexpensive pieces from Dollar Tree can look really classy with minimal effort. A few plain vases and some votive holders are now a lot prettier at my house. The downside is that you want to do this treatment to anything glass in the vicinity. Must resist!
5) Have you ever had Jaffa Cakes? They are ridiculously good and an excellent treat for tea time. For a long time they were difficult to find in the US but now World Market tends to carry them along with the equally cool McVities HobNobs if chocolate and orange aren't your thing.
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!