Happy Friday! Hopefully, everyone had a good week despite the "Polar Vortex." (Can you believe that some parts of the USA were actually colder than Antarctica?) This week's '5 Things' are fun ways to stay warm this frigid January:
1) Netflix has added classics like West Side Story and Breakfast at Tiffany's to their instant video library. I also highly recommend Monkey Business with Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers!
2) Spaghetti Squash "Pasta" is a nice comfort food for a cold evening and Brit+Co. has some great sauce ideas. It's especially lovely with some garlic bread if you're one of those people who misses the carbs in a dish like this.
3) Call an old friend or family member you didn't get to see over the holidays. It's always a pleasant surprise to hear from someone and even more pleasant to know you were thinking about them so pick up the phone and make someone's day!
4) Have you tried Joy Bauer's Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa recipe? It's very easy with satisfying results. (Almond or soy milk taste great in this one, too) However, I will include a warning: After drinking this version, you may never be able to handle the powdered mix again.
5) How better to stay warm (and get some fun exercise) than a living room dance party? Turn on some fun music and invite the entire family show off their best moves!
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!