1) If you didn't grow up in an Italian family, you probably won't get this one but thank you, Brian Mengini, for helping settle the debate. A lot of folks use the term "gravy" for the substance that most of us know as "sauce" (the tomato-based version). My grandparents on one side of the family always called it "gravy" and now I see they weren't the only ones!
2) Derek Hough has outdone himself yet again for Macy's Stars of Dance on DWTS. I'm only sorry the show felt they needed to do so many camera angles (and neon robots blowing smoke) because the piece is certainly dynamic enough on its own. Would have liked to see this one live!
3) Have you seen the film The Intouchables? It was released in 2012 (and escaped my attention at the time) but now I am a fan. The film is in French (with subtitles) and currently available on Netflix Instant. Just be forewarned about the language (they use a lot of profanity) but otherwise, the narrative itself is heartwarming and amusing and actually based on a true story. Highly recommended.
4) You may have heard that Julep brand nail polish is my favorite (it's formaldehyde free and they are a pretty cool company, too!). Well, now I have a new favorite color: Gabrielle. The shade of purple looks good on a variety of skin tones and, well, I've been getting compliments on it all week.
5) Have you written a real, honest-to-goodness letter to someone lately? The kind you actually put a stamp on? Once again I've been reminded of how nice it is to get real (non-bill!) mail once in awhile. If you get a chance this weekend, I recommend sending a letter to someone special. Believe me, you'll brighten their day!
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!