Happy Friday, Everyone! Hope you had a great week or at the very least are enjoying some lovely Spring weather. (Yet as I type, I'm watching snow flurries through the window!) Let's get to this week's 5 Things...
1) This week the L.A. Times website ran a cute item called "Searching for Mr. Darcy" from Austenite Amy Helmes. Any of us having dredged through the dating world can commiserate. The best part of this article is (spoiler alert!) the happy conclusion. Definitely worth a read!
2) And the above calls to mind a scene from the Jerry Lewis/Dean Martin film called Hollywood or Bust where Jerry is describing a role played by his favorite actress:
Jerry: "She played the part of a girl who was searching, searching, searching - "
Dean: "What was she searching for?"
Jerry: "She didn't know. That's why she was always searching, searching."
A quote which can be oddly deep for such a silly film. Of course, you have to watch the scene for the full effect.
3) If you are searching for some new shoes/sandals for the warmer weather, 6pm.com is definitely something to check out. They carry a wonderful selection of name brand shoes (and clothing, purses, etc.). Jess from Aspiring Artistry recommended the site and now I am hooked in a "hide my wallet, please!" sort of a way. The best and worst part is having so many styles to choose from at reasonable prices with free shipping. I can also attest to the ease of the return process.
4) Inspired by Allison from Our Naked Life, I'd like to recommend Farmers Markets and local/regional food. In New Mexico we have a wonderful local business called Skarsgard Farms which actually does weekly (free!) delivery if you're a busy person like myself. I love trying new things like Japanese turnips (here's a yummy recipe if you're game) and supporting local businesses.
5) Have you seen this season of DWTS (Dancing with the Stars)? The cast includes some teen hearthrobs, former child stars and some amazing atheletes (Olympians, no less!) and has made for an interesting competition so far. The show airs Monday nights on ABC. (Forgive the shameless self promotion but you can also catch up with my recaps at Examiner.com. )
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!