Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you all have some fun plans this weekend for Mother's Day. (And if you forgot, this is a subtle reminder that it is this Sunday!)
1) First, you have to see some photos from Ingrid Bugge's book The Essence of Ballet. She uses digital techniques to create some really breathtaking works of art. (Exceptionally stunning, really!) You can also see more of her work on her website along with information about the book itself.
2) In honor of Mother's Day, I also wanted to share my Mum's favorite dessert recipe: Vegan Chocolate Mousse. The only thing we omit is the sweetener (she prefers it less sugary) but this simple recipe is great topped with fresh raspberries and served in a pretty glass. Very classy! Even the picky, anti-tofu family members are fans of this dessert!
3) This Dear Abby headline really made me chuckle this week: 'Tweking' Isn't Dangerous, Just the Latest Dance Fad. I'm a little envious of the mother who wrote in with the question about "twerking." She appears to have been spared the videos of Miley Cyrus which, unfortunately, I can't un-see.
4) Jessica from Musings About Dancing had some great thoughts on imagery while teaching proper alignment of the pelvis which she calls "Butterfly Kisses." It sounds like a great way to explain a concept that many times takes quite awhile to internalize as a dance student.
5) Lastly, I'd like to ask for prayers for the 200 girls who were kidnapped from their school in Nigeria. It's unfathomable that something like that could happen in current times (and simply for going to school!) and I pray they are all returned safely home.
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!