Happy Friday! Hope you all had a restful, long weekend or an excellent start of vacation. Please accept my apologies for flaking out on last week's "5 Things." My computer decided it was time to quit working. (Thankfully, after the completion of a major project!) And so begins the time honored ritual of the consideration of the pros and cons of replacing vs. fixing the darn thing. But for now, here are my "5 Things" which I hope you'll enjoy:
1) For a change of pace, I decided to start reading The Guardian's "Life & Style" section (I'm already a huge fan of their fantastic "Dance" section) and am now hooked. The "What I'm Really Thinking" and "Experience" series are two of my favorites. To read about other people's experiences is so enlightening and a great way to build compassion for people you may never have considered before!
2) And in honor of my fellow snack enthusiasts I would like to recommend Hi I'm Skinny sticks. I am currently hooked on the Sweet Onion flavor. Ingredient-wise, they are ideal (whole grain and low fat!). Taste-wise... we'll just say that you'll probably be hiding a secret stash in the laundry room to keep the others in your household from sneaking a few. They are that good!
3) Guess what I'll be making this weekend? A Mason Jar Pin Cushion like the one from Rae Gun Ramblings. It looks so easy! I'm not a canning aficionado and so I'm happy to have a great use for those couple of mason jars I do have hanging around the house.
4) "6 Things Introverted Women Do Right" is a nice list, I think. There's a lot of pressure for introverts (especially when we're in school) to break out of natural tendencies when, in reality, it can be a good thing. Hey, someone has to balance out all those A-type personalities!
5) Last but not least I read this "Chick Lit" book called Driven to Date by Susan Halter and devoured it over the course of a couple of days. (It's currently available for free in e-book format at Amazon.com.) It's a quick read and the "smut" rating is nil. If you want a fun, Summer read for the weekend, this is a good choice.
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!