Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and have managed to stay cool so far. It looks like the summer weather has arrived in most of the U.S. Anyway! Enough about the hot weather, right? Here is what I found interesting this week:
1) Marie from Chocolate&Wine recommended the book The Fault in Our Stars in her "5 Things" guest post back in November (great book, if you haven't read it, yet!). Now I come to find out it's a film coming out this week. Can't wait to see it!
2) This interesting article from the Huffington Post about making a great first impression reminded me of the above Head&Shoulders commercial and their slogan "Because you never get a second chance to make a first impression." Definitely good advice for those of us who tend to work with the public. And the video is a funny reminder of what my hair used to look like in the 80's... good stuff!
3) I just wanted to give a big shout out to Safelite. They repaired a crack in my windshield this week and did a beautiful job! (Definitely more cost effective than having to replace the glass altogether.) I am really impressed with their service.
4) Have you seen the Rom-Com Laws of Attraction? Mum and I watched it again over the weekend and were reminded how good a pair Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan can be on film. And realized that Michael Sheen (who had also played Liz Lemon's romantic interest in 30 Rock) is a really versatile actor.
5) Brinton Parker of Bustle did a really interesting makeup experiment that I enjoyed reading about. She went to class on three different days with three different levels of makeup and recorded peoples' reactions. Good stuff and I can relate to people asking if I'm not feeling well when I go makeup-free. True story.
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!