Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week... or at least some fun plans to look forward to this weekend. Either way, I think you might like this week's "5 Things":
1) First up I would like to encourage everyone to support local small businesses when you can. Two of my favorite locally-owned restaurants have closed over the summer and that made me realize how important it is to use local services.
2) In honor of 9/11 (yesterday) former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer shared some remembrances of the day 13 years ago. Definitely worth checking out. #Neverforget
3) John Piper's "Message to Ray Rice" this week was very timely and well-spoken. I think it was also a good statement to make as people tend to concentrate on the victim and why she feels the need to stay with the bad guy rather than examine the root of the problem.
4) I love these Individual Seven-Layer Dips from The Girl Who Ate Everything. Full disclosure: I was initially lured to this site with promises of chocolate recipes and starting nosing around. The Girl Who Ate Everything has a great variety but my only recommendation is to make sure you're not hungry when you search there. :)
5) This is your brain on social media. Apparently, it's not good. I already try to limit my social media exposure (it's so easy to lose track of time!) but might be considering even further limits. What about you?
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!