Happy Friday and Happy October! Where did September go? Well, at least it's almost time to enjoy the weekend and recuperate from the shock of another upcoming month. And time to enjoy this week's "5 Things":
1) The best thing about living in New Mexico is the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta which begins tomorrow. Not only do you get to feel the awe of a young child for an hour every morning but fellow photography enthusiasts can attest that it's impossible to take a bad picture. The above video comes pretty close to the experience if you're not able to make it to Albuquerque.
2) This discussion titled "Are science and religion fundamentally at odds?" was really interesting. Interviewer David Freeman spoke with an Astronomer from the Vatican (Brother Guy) about reconciling faith with scientific finds. Scientists can have faith, too.
3) Pretzels! Some of my favorite bloggers have banded together for some yummy pretzel recipes. Two of my favorites are the Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pretzels and the Soft Pumpkin Pretzels. (The pumpkin recipe is essentially Vegan except for the icing/topping.) You can find links to all the other fabulous blogger recipes on each page. I just suggest doing so when you're not hungry.
4) This week I stumbled upon the foodie blog Pastry Affair and am now craving the Espresso Chocolate Coffee Cake. (I'm a sucker for coffee cake... all the better if it has chocolate.) I'm thinking this is a great treat to serve for a chilly balloon-watching morning with some hot coffee.
5) I know it's been several years now since the film was released but have you seen the film Nanny McPhee? Well, I finally did (it's really quite wonderful). The best part, however, was that it is based upon the Nurse Matilda book series. Nurse Matilda is part Mary Poppins and part Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle but all adorable.
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and maybe get to see some awesome balloons!!