Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and aren't as freaked out as I am that October is already halfway through. Where did the year go? I'm already trying to scramble for Christmas craft and cookie ideas so I don't get behind like last year. (Ack!)
Anyway... Here is this week's "5 Things":
1) Being one of the chronically cold people who is often stuck typing at a desk, I wear a lot of fingerless gloves during the winter. Well, this week I fell in love with the critter fingerless gloves at Etsy. The lamb and the panda are my favorites so far. (How cute are they?!) Would you wear any of these to work?
2) This week a friend brought a pretty cool ballet blog to my attention called At the Barre with Miss Erin. Her series on what not to say to dance teachers, or dance students (several things which my past instructors have actually said/did in class!) is particularly good. Definitely worth checking out!
3) Arm knitting seems to be a new trend and here are 3 tutorials for just that. The 45-minute blanket looks like a fun (and warm!) project for one of these chilly afternoons. And I doubt anyone would be upset if they got it as a Christmas gift.
4) House of Hipsters has a cool marble dipped mug DIY using warm water and nail polish. Super easy with beautiful results. I'm already brainstorming how to use this on a couple of boring vases I have laying around the house.
5) Alright, fellow word nerds, I think you'll appreciate this one: The Omnificent English Dictionaty In Limerick Form. Most of these are rather funny (see the ones for dry rot or copiousness). If you're so inclined you can also submit your own limericks. How's that for nerdy goodness? :)
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!