Happy Friday! A few weeks late, Albuquerque finally got it's "White Christmas." It was lovely but now it's back to reality. Fortunately, the days are definitely getting longer! The sunshine while leaving work was sorely missed. But, anyway, here are my "5 Things" this week:
1) Interesting headline this week: "Arrested Teen Saves Life of Police Officer Booking Him Into Jail." I sincerely hopes this positive attention helps the young man turn his life around.
2) This one where "A 12-year-old Wrote a Letter to Each NFL Team" is also great... Carolina is one classy team! (And I don't even like football.)
3) Sopapillas are a staple of New Mexican cuisine that I really enjoy. (And pretty much proves my theory that most cultures have some form of friend dough.) I highly recommend whipping up a batch to enjoy with honey or sugar. Yum!
4) Right now is a great time to get on a salad kick (New Year's resolutions and all) and I'd like to recommend one of my favorites: Spinach, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola. Toss it up with a little bit of live oil and balsamic vinegar and you've got a winning salad.
5) Last but not least, I hope you'll take a minute to check out the Support page. You don't have to do anything special but if you shop at Amazon or Julep, I hope you'll take the time to use my link to get there. Thank you in advance!
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!