Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good (short) week and those of you contending with the snow and freezing temperatures are inside and warm. I keep looking at my dormant rose bushes thinking "Is it Spring, yet?" Certainly, all you folks on the East Coast have even more of a reason to do so! Well, hopefully, this week's "5 Things" will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside. Check it out:
1) Have you seen the photos of frozen Niagara Falls circulating this week? They are both beautiful and a reminder of exactly how cold that area of the country has been. A friend in upstate New York said the windchill was -30 degrees Fahrenheit. Yikes! Obviously, we all need to take a cruise to the Bahamas until the madness blows over.
2) The Mars One project has narrowed down their thousands of applicants to 100 as of this week. The project plans to put a colony on the red planet beginning in 2024. Bizarre to think that a group of people will be on their way to Mars in less than a decade. The Guardian published an interesting piece by one of the 100: "Why I want to be a passenger on Mars One." Would you want to do something so groundbreaking?
3) I think some of you will really enjoy the Daily Mail's compilation of "EVERY dress worn by Oscars best actress winners since 1929." Everyone from Jennifer Lawrence all the way down to Bette Davis... it's so fun to see the changes in fashion over the years. And where can I get Cate Blanchett's Armani Prive? It could be a little too dressy for wedding season but I'd make it work. :)
4) You all are probably pretty well-versed on my love of podcasts by now but I thought I'd share another. I've recently become interested in the Strangers Podcast and love a lot of the stories. A great way to spend a walk or a ride to work!
5) Harlan, Kentucky has officially had enough for the cold weather. So much so that they have issued an arrest for Elsa (from Frozen). I wish them the best of luck with that one! :)
Okay, that's all for now. I hope you all have seen the last of the snow and have a wonderful weekend!