Happy Friday and Happy March! This week I spent way too much time doing my annual sandal shopping. Of course, it is much too cold to even think about wearing my new purchases but at least I know I have some new summer sandals to look forward to. Why is it hard to wait to wear new shoes? Funny, right?
Well, while I'm waiting for the weather to warm up, I was able to put together this week's "5 Things" and hope you enjoy enjoy them!
1) Check out this "Emotion of Sound" video from Bottega Veneta. I thought this was an incredible way to introduce the Spring-Summer 2015 collection. What do you think?
2) Slate recently launched a new podcast network called Panoply Media and I've spent the last week or so listening to the variety of new offerings. The Things Cooks Know podcast all about eggs this week was very enlightening. (Egg-lightening?) I now know how to make really good scrambled eggs.
3) Dolce&Gabbana's Winter 2016 women's fashion show was all about mothers and it even featured models stomping the runway with their children. The brand is also doing a big project about families and is asking for fans to submit their own family portraits. Even if your not a D&G family, the gallery is wonderful! (P.S. The Italian Football team is worth checking out, too... I couldn't resist... sigh.)
4) The Atlanta Dances blog had an interesting piece this week titled "Is American Modern Dance a Pyramid Scheme?" It definitely outlines the difficulty making a decent living in dance and art in general. And the fact of the matter is that most of us have to teach or keep up a side job in order to fund our art addiction. Great piece!
5) And (in case you were wondering) "Scientists have figured out what makes Indian food so delicious." It's a very interesting article overall. I knew the spice combinations are varied but had no idea exactly how varied.
Okay, that's all for now. My fellow Americans should remember to "spring forward" with your clocks on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!