Happy Friday! Of, course it's another Friday the 13th but tomorrow is Pi (3.14) Day or Pie Day depending on how nerdy or foodie you are. And I imagine some of you clever folks will find a way to combine the two.
But first let's get on to this week's "5 Things":
1) Speaking of pie, I think this weekend is an awesome time to make mini pies or hand pies. I especially love that mini pie recipe because you can bake them in a muffin tin. They were a huge hit at a recent get-together with the little latticed crust. :)
2) If pie isn't quite your speed, I did find this cool Sweet Potato Brownie recipe. It combines two of my favorite things (chocolate and sweet potatoes in case you were wondering) in a rich, fudgy brownie. Sooo gooood!
3) Watch the tech community show of their best ballet moves for Ballet San Jose's Bridge to the Future Campaign! This is one of the best YouTube videos I have seen this year and these amazing techies warm my heart. They are all so talented with great senses of humor. I think we might have a few "double threats" at least!
4) If you are a Netflix user, you've probably seen an add for one of their newest offerings: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Well, if you're a 30 Rock fan like myself, I'd highly recommend you check this one out. It's from the same creators and stars Ellie Kemper along with Jane Krakowski and some other familiar faces (Carol Kane!). Flor Edwards also wrote an interesting piece for Slate about what the show gets right about cults. Don't let the cult premise scare you away, though, it's really a cute show.
5) #5 this week isn't a link or a video or a recipe. I'd just like to encourage you all to ask someone how they are doing this week and then wait for an answer. Even if you have to say "I'm serious. How are you really doing?" Long story short I learned first hand what listening to someone can do for them. It's important so I hope you'll give it a try! :)
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend... eat an extra slice of pie for me, okay? :)