Happy Friday! This week seemed particularly long for some reason but I hope it wasn't that way for you all. And I hope you have some fun weekend plans to look forward to. Something other than "Spring Cleaning" like a game of putt-putt or a picnic. But, first, here's this week's installment of "5 Things" to help get you through the day:
1) This mash-up of ColdPlay's "Fix You" with "Ishq Bina" from the Bollywood film Taal is pretty darn fantastic. Unfortunately, the video leaves a little bit to be desired (so, maybe just listen instead of watching?) but the vocals are wonderful. Beautiful!
2) This post about "5 No-Kill Houseplants for Any Home" was most likely written for me. Because, well, let's face it: I am very blessed to have a single Christmas Cactus and a pair of hearty rose bushes that haven't given up the ghost yet. Generally when I'm left to my own devices, my plants all die. I think I might add a couple of these suggestions to my collection.
3) I loved this next story: "Oklahoma metro business leaves message for dumpster diver." The owner of the business realized that someone was digging through their trash and decided to invite him inside for a real meal (free of charge). How's that for some good news? :)
4) Yesterday was Holocaust Memorial Day and I happened across an interesting piece from Linda S. Haase called "Shouldering an Inheritance of Grief." Definitely worth a read!
5) I have probably gushed over the blog My Castle in Spain many times before but I couldn't resist her Chocolate Chantilly and Lady Fingers recipes (toward the bottom of the post after the wonderful photographs). Doesn't that sound like a great weekend treat while you're enjoying the Spring weather on the back porch with some friends?
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!