Happy Friday! Here's hoping you all had a great week. As usual, I'm just looking forward to a weekend to detox from the work week. When you go from an active job to a passive (desk) job, the disparity in energy level at the end of the week is incredible. So, yeah, that is why I always look forward to the weekend when I can be desk-free!
Anyway! I put together another interesting group of "5 Things" for you this week. Hope you enjoy!
1) Here's a great video with ballerina Misty Copeland talking about how 'Ballet Found Me.' She was chosen as one of Time's 100 most influential people with good reason.
2) Speaking of dancers, a video recently surfaced of 102-year-old Alice Barker watching herself dance on film for the first time. I loved this so much that I've watched it several times this week... you'll probably want to do the same! :)
3) The countdown to Mother's Day (Sunday, May 10th here in the States) is on! Check out these funny cards for "cool moms" and a pretty DIY card with a detachable flower brooch. (An aside to my siblings: You're welcome to steal any of these ideas... I'll be the one in Hallmark on the 9th.)
4) In my travels around Etsy, I stumbled across the shop called the Gorgonist with some really excellent original art for the geeky fan girls and boys out there. My favorite is the interpretation of Beauty and the Beast. Adorable!
5) And this week I was wondering how one makes Focaccia. Allrecipes.com has a wonderful video that told me just that. Have I made it yet? Well, no, but it's on my list. :)
Okay, that's all for now! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :)