Happy Friday! (It's a long weekend!!) Hopefully you all had a great week. Not much to report out this way but I am so relieved to have three days to convalesce from the week instead of the usual two. Maybe even throw in a barbecue or something, too. But until then I'd like to share this week's "5 Things." Hope you enjoy!
1) If you needed some good news this adorable 5-year-old's act of kindness will do the trick! His parents definitely have a reason to be proud.
2) My inner nerd loved the name of Nintendo's new VP. Obviously, the guy was destined to be a Nintendo big wig.
3) According to pretty reliable sources NY Seltzer and Clearly Canadian are making a comeback! This brings back fond childhood memories of purchasing ice cold bottles of Clearly Canadian on the way to the beach. We'd also use the cream soda and root beer flavors of NY Seltzer to make ice cream floats. Yum!
4) Do you struggle with cooking rice? Well, Refinery29 has a really cool Foodiversity series on rice. There are six recipes in all and I really want to give them a try.
5) The teacher in me loves the fact that banning smartphones in schools actually helps grades. I mean, this is something I was pretty sure of but it's good to have a study back you up once in awhile. Those darn phones are so distracting and that includes for me, too!
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful (long?) weekend!