Happy Friday! And Happy National Doughnut Day here in the States. If you needed an excuse to get yourself a sweet treat, well, now you have one!
1) ABC's website has the 411 on where to get a free doughnut today and a few other interesting freebies. Enjoy!
2) If doughnuts aren't quite your speed here's a homemade Jaffa Cake Recipe! I'm so excited about this one because Jaffa Cakes are some of my favorite sweet treats but are often too difficult to find my area. Problem solved!
3) At this point in time, I probably don't need to remind you all that I love a good podcast. Well, BBC Radio 4 recently put a bunch of the In Our Time history podcast episodes on Soundcloud and I am hooked. The subjects are so varied that I bet you'll find something that you find interesting.
4) Thank to Hulu, I recently discovered a British sitcom called The Cafe. The story takes place in a seaside town and is centered around a divorcee and her daughter. I find the townspeople adorable. I hope you do, too!
5) Last but certainly not least you've probably heard of a little blog called The Classical Girl, right? (And you've probably realized there's nothing "little" about it!) Well, as it turns out, Terez has written a ballet novel called Off Balance. I've read it and it's pretty, darn good. I think some of you who like a grittier novel will appreciate it, too, so check it out!
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!