Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a good week or are at least happy to see Labor Day on the radar. The summer has just flown by but I know we're pretty much all in need of a long weekend. Well, until then, how about checking out another "5 Things?"
1) I think it's very important that we keep the loved ones of the two journalists killed on live television in our prayers this weekend. Especially because they have the horrifying reality of Alison Parker and Adam Ward's deaths captured on film. One can only hope that the loved ones are able to avoid the footage until the news cycle changes.
2) Apologies in advance but I just had to share the article that began "Call it Jet Black and Blue." Wow! Two women were behaving badly on a JetBlue flight. What is it about traveling that brings out the worst in people?
3) The podcast Death, Sex, and Money did a 5-part series for the 10-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. (Can you believe it's been 10 years? Wow!) I especially loved the part about the "Demo Diva" and her pink demolition equipment.
4) Have you seen the trivia game/quiz overload that is Sporcle.com? It's a fun way to waste some time today and to discover how much or how little you know about the geography of Europe.
5) And, lastly, I encourage everyone to support their local arts! This Fall you can enjoy arts events at local colleges (art shows, dance performances), local dance companies, and arts organizations. Show up and be inspired. :)
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!