Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great long weekend and short week following. What a relief that it's already Friday, right? I keep petitioning for 4-day work weeks but, sadly, no one is interested so far. Alas!
It's also worth mentioning that today is Patriot Day in the US. It's on this date in 2001 that terrorists hijacked four planes on American soil causing catastrophic losses of life. Today is definitely a good day to remember those still struggling with absent loved ones or even cancer from the disaster at the Twin Towers in your thoughts and prayers.
That being said, here are some interesting things I found this week. I hope you enjoy:
1) It's state fair time so I thought that these Homemade Soft Pretzels sounded amazing. (Because I like fair food but hate going to the fair... isn't that terrible?) Fortunately, Gemma makes it easy for me to enjoy a favorite without having to brave the crowds. What a relief!
2) I love this brilliant gift idea for the sight impaired from Rae Gun Ramblings. Not to mention that the photos of Marissa's little one are sure to brighten your day!
3) How about some Garlic Parmesan Fries from A Pumpkin and a Princess? I'm thinking these would be a fantastic barbecue side dish. Although, knowing me, I think they could just be dinner. Haha!
4) Had you heard that a librarian discovered a "lost" score from Igor Stravinsky? I just thought this was very interesting. My ballet friends will remember that Stravinsky was a great collaborator with some really talented choreographers. I'm curious to see what musicians get their hands on this for recording first.
5) And how about a book that also filters water? Apparently, it also filters out about 99% of bacteria out of otherwise undrinkable water. Great invention for 3rd world countries!
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!