Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and have not freaked out (like yours truly!) when you realized that Christmas is less than two weeks away. Somehow, December is always a conglomeration of shopping, crafting, and baking that takes up a huge amount of time only to come to an abrupt end on the 26th. Who else is already planning to sleep in the following weekend?
Well, how about taking a brief break from the Christmas preparations with this week's "5 Things?"
1) If you need some craft therapy (I certainly do!), it's worth checking out these Frosted Winter Wonderland Pinecone Trees from Flamingo Toes. Anything that requires a glue gun is right up my alley this time of year. :)
2) What do ballet dancers do to amuse themselves on a 4-hour layover at the airport? Dance, of course! One can only imagine what their fellow travelers thought but doesn't it look like a good use of the moving sidewalks? :)
3) In the tradition of The Great British Bakeoff, ABC has imported judge Mary Berry for The Great Holiday Baking Show. One of the bakers made some awesome-sounding cookies called Hot Chocolate Ginger Snaps. (Yum!) I'm getting hungry just thinking about them!
4) The Serial podcast has launched its second season delving into the story of Bowe Bergdahl. Will Bowe's version of events be enough to clear him in the court of public opinion? Or even the military tribunal? We shall see!
5) And shameless self promotion time: Check out my Instagram account up until Christmas for some fun quotes about the season. If you look closely, you'll see a few of my hand drawn designs, too.
Okay, that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!