Happy Friday! Who else is excited that it's both Valentine's Day this weekend and a long weekend thanks to President's Day? Woohoo! Yours truly has been looking forward to a long weekend since January (the gap between New Year's Day and President's Day is too far!).
We should celebrate with another "5 Things." What do you think?
1) This DIY Copper Love Note is so cool! I don't think anything I did would turn out that pretty but it might be worth a try. (Paired with homemade chocolate truffles, you can't go wrong!)
2) How about some love advice from a couple married for 83 years? (They're pros at making a marriage work at this point!) This lovely couple is taking to Twitter for Valentine's Day to give their take on a lasting love. I'm looking forward to reading what they have to say.
3) It's Doodle4Google time, again! These youngsters are some seriously talented people so make sure you show your support by voting for your favorites. (Voting is open until February 22nd.)
4) Slate's The Vault has dug up a really great booklet on exercise from France in the 1920s. Great illustrations and, honestly, a relief that our exercise science has come so far!
5) And the ballet world has lost a legend this week. Violette Verdy passed away at the age of 82. Her obituary is a nice little visit through 20th century ballet history.
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Don't forget to buy some chocolate for your sweetie... or your niece. She'd like it, too!