Happy Friday! Looks like we made it. (Cue the Barry Manilow song.) Well, it's almost the end of February and we've seen 70-degree weather in the Duke City and then (just when I was getting used to the warm weather) followed it with snow. It's been a funny week.
But the weekend is here to save us from the madness. How about taking a break from your Friday to see this installment of "5 Things?"
1) Some folks over at Buzz Feed attempted to walk 10,000 steps a day for a month! (Full disclosure: I wear a Fitbit everyday and have still not managed to hit this milestone!) That's actually a pretty cool goal. I'd like to give it a try!
2) I've been checking out Etsy this week (not surprising, I know) and stumbled across a neat little shop called SaressaDesigns. The pieces are so pretty and unique that I had to share for my fellow Etsy "window shoppers" to check out!
3) Here's an informative blog post about "Choosing the right ballet shoes for you" from Dancing Daisy. Their blog has a lot of informative posts for dancers of all ages. Highly recommended!
4) I love the blog Crafty Hope and had to share not one but two neat posts. The first one is about "Making Prints With a Gelli Plate." (I cannot wait to try this!) The second post is about how she made a cool necklace from vintage findings and broken jewelry. (Another cool idea I'd like to try!)
5) This weekend, I'd like to encourage you all to support a local business. We have "Small Business Saturday" during the holiday shopping season but a lot of retail stores see a dip in sales after the first of the year. Let's help them out!
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!