Happy Friday! Hope you all had a decent week!
Well, we made it through a particularly long week and a huge rainstorm (I was the one praying for some rain and I'm sorry!). Fortunately, the weekend is here for a little R & R or a little C & B (chocolate and books) in my case. Check out what I enjoyed this week:
1) We've all said some version of "mc-something" and I love that A Way With Words podcast decided to tackle the language phenomenon.
2) I like old books a lot. Yeah, there are some great bestsellers out there right now but the language, the unique stories, etc. of old books just warms my heart. In Another Girl's Shoes by Berta Ruck is one such gem. Cute story and if you like it, she has a huge list of others from her pen.
3) Speaking of books, I just love the Pride and Poetry Kit of magnets. I ordered a set to use on the whiteboard at work and they are too fun (maybe a little distracting, too) and a great way to blow off some steam during a rough day.
4) Check out Zelda from Julep. It's my new favorite, summer-y metallic polish and I'm a little obsessed. Although consider yourself forewarned: Once you go Julep, its hard to go back to the polish you wore before!
5) And for those of you struggling to stay hydrated in this heat (like yours truly), I found a nice alternative to sports drinks that has been around a little while: Propel Water. Both the flavored and unflavored do the trick in the insane heat we've been having and you don't have to worry about too much sugar.
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!