Happy Friday! And Happy July 1st! I probably say this every month but these months are becoming a blur now, aren't they? Life just keeps going faster and faster. Fortunately, here's a moment to slow down and maybe just make your Friday that little bit better. Check it out:
1) Okay, so I'm thinking that we all need dessert tacos for our barbecues this weekend. What do you think? (Who doesn't need more Nutella?)
2) A postcard sent in 1960 is finally delivered in Wales this week. It's a cute story. I just can't help but think it doesn't speak well of the postal service. (Or maybe there was a repentant mail thief 55 years later?)
3) This article from Variety about Renee Zellweger is really excellent. It raises a lot of questions that I've had about Renee's (post plastic surgery?) performance as Bridget Jones in the new movie. The author also makes some great observations about her career in general. Awesome writing... check it out!
4) Not for the faint of heart (or ear) but here is a video of Jay Leno's recent appearance on The Tonight Show. He has definitely lived a colorful life!
5) Last but never least, thank you to all our veterans, servicemen, and women! Thank you for defending our country and for making this freedom of speech possible. You're literally our heroes. Thank you!
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Independence Day, America!