Happy Friday and Happy fall! Hope you all had a great week. Maybe some new happy things about the new season came your way? A visit to the fairgrounds or a pumpkin patch, perhaps? Well, I just thought I'd share five of my favorite things about this season. Enjoy!
1) Apple pie (and cranberry anything) is by far the best thing about fall in my mind. (Sorry, not pumpkin spice lattes!) This cranberry apple pie is probably something I've shared before but it's worth repeating because it is awesome. The only tweak I make is to leave out the pecans. Still delish!
2) It's boot season! The change of a shoe season is always great and boots are particularly beloved in this household. (It's the little things!) The downside happens to be the highly tempting boot sales in the stores but I am of the opinion you can never have too many pairs.
3) Fall blooming roses are also a wonderful part of the season. If you've seen my Instagram account, you know I'm always amazed when they begin blooming (with absolutely no help from me!). Gorgeous!
4) Of course, there are also the fall TV premiers that are really attractive. Finally catching up where those cliff hangers left off is a nice thing!
5) By and large the best part of living in The Duke City in the fall is The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. There are few other opportunities in life to dork-out over a bunch of hot air balloons. It's quite the experience and we're often treated to small-scale launches in the cool mornings this time of year.
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!