Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week (or at least as great as the first full week after the holidays can be). Well, Friday is finally here and I've dug up an interesting bunch of things to keep you until quitting time. Enjoy!
1) When you think of Emily Dickinson, cooking probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind. The Kitchen Sisters put together a brilliant podcast episode about Emily Dickinson with more insight into her life (and baking) than I'd ever heard before.
2) Got some leftover champagne sitting from from New Year's Eve? These Champagne Cupcakes sound like the perfect solution. Champagne and chocolate, too, maybe? I'm going to give it a try!
3) Did you know the original version of The Parent Trap is currently on Netflix? Totally worth showing to the younger generations how split-screen shenanigans are really done! (And who doesn't love Maureen O'Hara?)
4) OK, so, I love oatmeal. A lot. It's quick and easy, not to mention delish! But people staying with me don't always love oatmeal for breakfast. Thankfully, EatingWell has a great rundown of "No-Cook Breakfasts" to help me out with quick breakfasts that don't require eggs and bacon... just a lot of avocado, apparently!
5) Lastly, I've been having a dork-out moment with British comedian Michael McIntyre's "Send to All" segments on BBC One. Absolutely hilarious. Yeah, I don't know some of the celebs but they're all a trip. Prepare to laugh out loud! (And to begin concocting weird "send to all" texts for your friends' phones.)
Okay, that's all for now. Have a wonderful, restful weekend, everyone!